I did at some point learn that normal people do not act this way, but this knowing has never translated itself into habit. Thank god for the internet where anything goes so long as you’re funny. I figure I might as well get this all out on the table now, in the third post.
Anyhow, tonight I went to this awesome presentation on social marketing by web geniuses Anna Billstrom and Janet Fouts who I know from my SFWOW days way back when I was skinny. (I think I’m supposed to introduce SFWOW at this point but you hosers should just go see for yourselves because if I stop to do that I’m never gonna finish this.) There were about 16 people there and they had beer. Then Anna and Janet told us about all kinds of useful things, like:
- Pingfm – lets you post content to multiple networks at once
- Friendfeed - aggregates all your shit in one place so you don't have to go clicking all over tarnation
- Socializr - which is like evite, only better, and does mashups which may or may not be fictional*
- Social Mention - mines Twitter, Delicious, FriendFeed, Flickr, Digg, etc. to see if anyone is talking about you.
- Twitterpacks help you find interesting people to follow
- Qwitter – lets you know when someone stops following you
- Facebook has software that actually recognizes faces
- Google indexes tweets in 15 minutes
- Twitphone and Twinkle are good for iPhone but Twittlator is not
- Your website's Bounce Rate should be under 40%
*Actually this wasn't in the presentation, I found it on Anna's website when I was stalking her.